LHHS SkillsUSA 2014 State Competition Results (part 1)
On April 15-16, SkillsUSA Lake Havasu brought its largest delegation of students to the Arizona SkillsUSA championships. Between, Automotive Technology, Construction Technology, Drafting, Digital Media Technology, Journalism, Fundamentals Drafting, Interactive Gaming, and Web Design – Lake Havasu High School brought 77 Career and Technical Education students!
SkillsUSA is a partnership of students, teachers and industry working together to ensure America has a skilled workforce. Below you will see the impressive lists of contests that Lake Havasu medaled in. We did not break the school medal record of 26, coming up short with 20; however, Kristal Norman, Steven Paluch, and Brad Robbins will take 11 CTE students to Kansas City, Missouri to compete against the best SkillsUSA members in the Nation. Primarily, the students’ dedication to long Saturday practices in their chosen vocation is a testament as to why they did so well.
Medals are golden, but they do not tell the whole story. Every SkillsUSA student whether a medalist or not deserves your recognition, if you see them in class be sure to congratulate them all.
Your tax credit contributions help fund LHHS SkillsUSA teams. We are grateful for this important community support.
- 3 Medals in Web Design (1st Place - Georgie / Jakob, 2nd Place - Amanda / Jacob, 3rd Place – Jenna / Austin). First place winners going to Nationals!
- 1 Medal Job Interview (3rd Place - Amanda ).
- 1 Medal Quiz Bowl (1st Place - Jacob, Jakob, Michael, Shannon, and Chase). Going to Nationals!
- 3 Medals Basic Architectural Drafting (1st Place – Tayler, 2nd Place - Brett, 3rd Place - Mya).
- 3 Medals Basic Mechanical Drafting (1st Place – Tristan, 2nd Place - Alicia, 3rd Place – Austin).
- 1 Medal Extemporaneous Speech (1st Place – Zoe). Going to Nationals!
- 2 Medals Interactive Applications and Game Design (1st Place Michael / Chase, 3rd Place Coleman / Zack / Trevor). First place winners going to Nationals!
- 1 Medal Promotional Bulletin Board (1st Place - Sumer). Going to Nationals!
- 2 Medals Bridge Building Team (2nd Place – Wyatt / Jason, 3rd Place – Starr / Wyatt).
- 3 Medals Bridge Building Individual (1st Place – Brandon , 2nd Place – Jonathon, 3rd Place - Ricardo).
First place students in Web Design, Quiz Bowl, Extemporaneous Speech, Interactive Applications and Game Design, and Promotional Bulletin Board will travel to Kansas City, MO in June to compete in their respective contests.
See more pictures in part 2.