Spotlight on Lake Havasu High School
Lake Havasu High School has been open since 1969, meaning it has been here longer than the London Bridge (Bridge dedicated in 1971.). While the bridge has stayed pretty much the same, Lake Havasu High School has grown and adapted to meet the needs of 21st century students. Here are a few highlights.
- Using latest classroom technology. (LHHS has 34 interactive whiteboards in use.)
- Honors and AP classes available.
- Award winning Career and Technical Education Classes. 2012 national gold medal winners in fashion design and web page design. Multiple Regional and State medal winners every year.
- Dual enrollment classes (earning high school and college credit at the same time) allow students to earn an associate's degree from Mohave Community College while attending high school. Twenty-six LHHS seniors in the class of 2012 graduated high school with an associate's degree.
- Art, Drama, Band, and Choir.
- Online classes available to offer even more options.
- Full selection of athletics for boys and girls.
- Wide selection of student clubs and organizations.
Students need options, and Lake Havasu High School has them.