Accountability: A-F Grading System
Lake Havasu High School
2675 South Palo Verde Boulevard, Lake Havasu City, AZ 86403-4972
928.854.5001 Fax 928.854.5499 www.havasu.k12.az.us
Dear Lake Havasu High School Parents/Guardians:
We recently received our A – F Accountability Profile from the Arizona Department of Education.
Below is the information regarding our Letter Grade that has been assigned by the state of Arizona. These grades are based on the 2016-17 school year AzMERIT assessments.
The high school score reflects several factors. 60% of the high school grade is based upon assessment results. The remaining 40% includes graduation rates and college and career readiness, which includes many indicators. It is important to note that the college and career readiness indicators are self reported, which may be a questionable variable when comparing high schools.
These new letter grades are based on the assessment of the more rigorous Arizona standards and will provide a new baseline for our school planning process.
At the beginning of the school year, Lake Havasu High School conducted a Comprehensive Needs Assessment. We received input from LHHS families as well as LHHS staff members. LHHS took the results from the needs assessment and created school goals to address specific areas of refinement.
Annual Test Scores are not the only indicator of school quality. During the 2016/17 school year, we celebrated the following indicators of success. LHHS had an 89.85 percent graduation rate, which is outstanding compared to the state and national average. The class of 2017 has a 56.44% college going rate which equates to 228 students who are enrolled in postsecondary education. Our staff is committed to ensuring that all of our students leave our school prepared to continue to build on their successes to further cultivate success beyond their high school years. Lake Havasu High School will continue our commitment to your students’ education.
If you have further questions, I am happy to meet with you in person. Please be on the lookout for a Black Board Invite to attend our next School Site Council Meeting. The topic for our agenda will include breaking down the results from our school letter grade as well as measures to ensure that we strive to improve.
Thank you for your continued support of our school. I look forward to meeting with you, both to share our success and to hear your suggestions.
Scott Becker, Principal
Lake Havasu High School
- Information on the new standards and the new A – F Accountability system may be found on our district website. Click here to view these additional resources.